Monday, April 03, 2006

It Don't Come Easy

I tried to send this originally through e-mail on Friday, but I got the address wrong. So here it is again:

Well, I had my second interview at 1 yesterday, and after thinking about it
overnight I thought Campaign Productions had more to offer me, even though Flame TV had more interesting stuff.

I called Campaign this morning to tell them the good news, and they told me they had already chosen someone else whom they had interviewed later that day. Apparently, if I had told them that afternoon that I had chosen them, I would have been guaranteed a spot.

Thankfully, Flame TV still had an opening for me so I gladly took their
position. I probably won't be able to do as much producing work as I would have at Campaign, but I will be able to get a better look behind the scenes of putting documentaries together, which should be exciting.

I'm thankful for the opportunity that the newspaper gave me, and it still is a tough decision because of the great people I worked with, but I really feel that because I'm going into broadcast I should do something more related to broadcast. After going through all this
though I know I don't have the right to complain if I get small jobs at first. I think that if I can show them that I'm a good, smart worker they will let me do bigger tasks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home