Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Weird weekend

I sold my car on Saturday (yay!) and got about what I was expecting out of it, though that money was instantly put into paying off my European debts. I'm just glad to be rid of that car - I think it was cursed. I hope to get a laptop soon, maybe after a couple paychecks. Right now I can manage because I have internet at work, but it'd be nice to have my own computer again.

That night I decided to take the train back home so I could pick up my new car, which used to be owned by my grandma and only has 27000 miles (double yay!).

On the train ride, I was quietly reading and listening to my iPod when a drunk guy gets on at La Crosse and decides to sit next to me. Not only did he heckle just about everyone in the vicinity, he kept trying to get me to talk to him while just sort of laughing at himself and staring at me really strangely. I really wasn't all about talking to a strange drunk guy who later confessed to me that he was gay, and lucky for me he got off the train for a smoke break at Minneapolis and never got back on (at least to my knowledge). He did leave his laptop on the train, and for a split second I thought about taking it, but then I thought the better of it and told an attendent about it. Besides, I really didn't want someone else's smoky computer that didn't have very many good programs on it. It did have the Sims, but it needed the CD-ROM in order to play.

So I have my new car and we're doing okay, though the engine sounds a little weird when I accelerate sometimes and when it starts up. I'm guessing, from very recent past experience with my previous car, that it's not firing on all cylinders, which could mean one or more of the wires have been chewed by a mouse or some other rodent. I seriously hope this is not the case, because I don't want to spend another $100 or so on my car right now and I don't want to have to deal with a rodent problem again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home