Saturday, March 04, 2006

Busy week

The last week has been busy at work, and I think that can be good because I'd rather be forced to work on things continuously than to sit and procrastinate on things due in a few days. I think setting more daily deadlines helps me better than saying "have everything done by next Tuesday." I already had a big day planned yesterday, and a few unexpected things happened and all of the sudden I've got two more stories on my platter. I only hope I don't take on more than I can handle.

I took Monday afternoon off after touring the Houses of Parliament because my cold was really bad. All I really needed was rest, and now my cold is almost gone. The Houses of Parliament were beautiful, though unfortunately they don't allow cameras in there. I felt a moment of prestige when I stood in front of the same table and microphone that Tony Blair stands before, though the Commons and Lords rooms are really cramped when you consider how many people are in Parliament. The tour guide had a similar cold to me and it was hard to hear her sometimes. Luckily one of the interns on the tour works in Parliament and took the tour before, so she basically gave her own tour at the back.

I went to a couple bars with some coworkers last night. Pretty fun, but an important lesson I learned is to not mix several different kinds of ale (along with a glass of wine) in your stomach at one time. Luckily I stopped drinking before anything bad happened, though my coworkers kept on going like clockwork. No bones about it, the Brits can handle their beer.

Today I've got a war-themed day planned: visiting the Cabinet War rooms where Churchill gave orders, and then heading to the Imperial War museum.

Kristin's coming next Wednesday, and I'm very excited to see her. We'll be touring London a little and then heading to Edinburgh and Newcastle for the weekend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

P.S. Robbie Earl is awesome. So is Brian Elliot (again). Go Badgers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home